Northwest Technical Institute Board Approves Welding Program In Springdale
Posted: July 3, 2014 at 1:30 a.m.
SPRINGDALE -- Northwest Arkansas businesses may soon have access to a larger number of qualified welders because of a proposed welding diploma program at Northwest Technical Institute.
Fast Facts (w/logo)
• The median pay for welding-related careers in 2012 was $36,300 per year or $17.45 per hour.
• Most of the jobs require a high school diploma or equivalent for entry level positions. Training includes technical school or on-the-job training.
• There were 357,400 jobs in these careers in 2012.
• The careers will have a job growth rate of 6 percent from 2012 to 2022. The average growth rate for all occupations is 11 percent.
• Employees in the career fields perform indoor and outdoor work.
• Most work in these careers is full time, and overtime is common.
At A Glance (w/logo)
Instruction Areas For Welding Program
• Basic safety and welding safety
• Hand tools and power tools
• Construction math
• Basic employability skills
• Cutting torches
• Plasma cutters
• Arc welding
• Metal inert gas welding
• Tungsten inert gas welding
• Metal fabrication
• Welding symbols
• Blue print reading
• Weld quality and testing
Source: Northwest Technical Institute
This story is only available from our archives.