Rogers Sign Ordinance Change Upsets Some Walnut Street Businessmen
Posted: July 2, 2014 at 1:30 a.m.
ROGERS -- Four business owners left a public meeting Tuesday in a huff when planning commissioners approved an addition to the sign ordinance the owners weren't happy about.
At A Glance
Rogers Planning commissioners met Tuesday and approved:
• A request from Walter and Sara White and Simmons Sales to rezone 2110, 2114, 2118 and 2202 S. Eighth St. from a mix of highway commercial and open display commercial to all open display commercial.
• A reques to rezone 1.13 acres at the northeast corner of Pleasant Grove Road and Dixieland Road from agriculture to highway commercial.
• A permit for Emilio Garmendia, E&J Auto Repair and Sales, at 702 N. Second St. Aldermen restricted Garmendia to having no more than 10 cars on the property at one time.
• The plat for West Landing, a 43-lot subdivision at West Drive and South 45th Street.
• A request from Furniture Factory Outlet, 3724 W. Walnut Street, to have three temporary furniture storage trailers behind the building for six months while the company searches for storage space to rent or lease.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.