Industrial Development Near Springdale School Voted Down
Springdale Residents Oppose Location Near Homes, Shaw Elementary
Posted: July 2, 2014 at 1:30 a.m.
SPRINGDALE -- Opponents to an industrial development in a rural area of the city swayed the Planning Commission to vote the proposal down Tuesday.
At A Glance
Springdale’s Planning Commission met Tuesday and approved:
• Rezoning 1.2 acres at 905 N. Mill St. owned by Leisure Homes Corp. from low to medium density residential to low density multifamily residential
• Rezoning 3.9 acres at 5950 W. Sunset Ave. owned by Josh and Eloise Pettit Living Trust from thoroughfare commercial to large product retail sales
• Rezoning 1.0 acres at 1306 S.Thompson St. owned by ESCH Family Limited Partnership from general commercial to thoroughfare commercial
• Rezoning 3.8 acres at 2148 N. Thompson St. owned by Randall Webb from general commercial to large product retail sales.
• Plans at 1948 Turnbow St. for Stabil-Loc; near the intersection of Mathias Drive and West Sunset Avenue for Occupational Health and Speech Therapy Clinic.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.