Rogers police pursuing 1997 rape case
Posted: January 14, 2014 at 10:49 a.m.
The Rogers Police Department is asking for help from the public in solving the 1997 rape of a teacher at Frank Tillery Elementary School.
According to a news release, the teacher was at the school on the morning of Sunday, Nov. 9, 1997, to prepare lessons and her classroom for the coming week. About 250 people were also at the school for a church service in the cafeteria, according to the news release.
When the teacher was on her way to the bathroom, a man with knit stocking cap and sunglasses, brandishing a pistol, raped the teacher and fled, according to the news release.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call investigators at 479-636-4141.
Along with a sketch of the suspect, police released the following description:
• At the time of the incident, the suspect was believed to be between the ages of 20 and 30 years old. Now, the suspect would probably be between 37-47 years old.
• The suspect was unshaven and appeared to have reddish blonde facial hair.
• The suspect was described as being between 5’6” and 5’9” tall at the time of the assault.
• The suspect was described as having a “beer belly” but not overweight.
• The suspect was described as having a flat, wide nose.
• The suspect was most likely right handed.
• The suspect may have bite marks or similar scars on his penis.
• The suspect tapped on the button of his jeans with the first two fingers of his left hand. (This could possibly be a subconscious nervous twitch that this particular person may still possess.)