Influenza Cases Increasing
Some Turn To Natural, Home Remedies
Posted: January 5, 2014 at 5 a.m.
Diana Donis said she’s been taking red marine algae capsules for about 10 years, refuses to get a flu shot and hasn’t had the flu since the early ’80s.
At A Glance
Arkansas Influenza-Like Illness Levels
• High intensity and widespread activity: Dec. 22-28
• Moderate intensity and regional activity: Dec. 15-21
• Minimal intensity and regional activity: Dec. 8-14
• Low intensity and regional activity: Dec. 1-7
Source: Arkansas Department of Health
By The Numbers
Influenza In Arkansas
• 7: Flu deaths reported since Sept. 29.
• 61: Flu deaths during the 2012-2013 flu season.
• 264: Flu-related hospital admissions statewide since Sept. 29.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.