Reported smoke at Elkhart Products just steam
Posted: January 3, 2014 at 6:31 p.m.
Fayetteville firefighters responded to Elkhart Products Corp., 3265 S. School Ave., for a report of smoke in the area about 5:15 p.m. Friday.
Battalion Chief Mauro Campos said a piece of equipment that makes copper tubing overheated, creating steam.
“The equipment used its water-cooling cooling ability, which turned the water into steam,” he said.
Campos said no one was injured and employees evacuated from the building.