Riparian Tree Project Key To Future Water Quality
Posted: February 28, 2014 at 5 a.m.
A March 8 project will provide shaded walks as volunteers join the Illinois River Watershed Partnership's riparian project at seven locations in Northwest Arkansas.
At A Glance
Where Are The Sites?
Volunteers will plant thousands of trees at seven project sites around Northwest Arkansas on March 8. This year’s locations are:
• Bentonville Community Center, Southwest I Street, south of Arkansas 12
• Gentry Park, trees planted for Flint Creek Power Plant Tree Farm
• Rogers Regional Sports Park, 2150 N. Dixieland Road
• U.S. 62 Trail, Prairie Grove, west of Walmart
• Spring Creek, Grove Street Park, Springdale
• Sager Creek, Bob Henry Park, Siloam Springs
• Townbranch, Tahlequah, Okla.
Source: Staff REport
To volunteer at the March 8 Riparian Project for Arbor Day visit www.irwp.org/volunteering.
This story is only available from our archives.