Council Approves $1.9 Million For Land Purchase For Bentonville Street Department
Posted: February 26, 2014 at 5 a.m.
The city's street department will be relocated northwest of the Benton County jail and road department as the City Council approved $1.9 million to buy the land Tuesday night.
At A Glance
The Bentonville City Council met Tuesday and approved the following:
• Rezoning of 908 E. Central Ave. from single-family residential to downtown edge
• Budget adjustment of $71,367.50 for the survey and design of a multi-use trail on the west side of North Walton Boulevard
• Budget adjustment of $5,500 to the public library from the Northwest Arkansas Economic Development District for a General Improvement Grant
• An agreement with Ozark Tennis Academy for a tennis program provider at Memorial Park Tennis Complex
• A bid of $75,584 for construction of the pathways at Legacy Orchards at Orchards Park
• An agreement with Altec for $394,904 for three telescoping booms, or aerial trucks, for the electric department
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.