Northwest Arkansas Legislators Support More Prison Money
Posted: February 24, 2014 at 5 a.m.
Northwest Arkansas legislators said they support giving more money to a state correction system overwhelmed by record numbers of inmates.
At A Glance
Arkansas Department of Correction Requests
• $720,000 for 200 beds at North Central Unit
• $7.4 million for county jail reimbursement
• $10 million for employee holiday, hazardous duty pay
2014-15 and beyond
• $5 million for 374 more beds throughout system
• $6 million for additional county jail reimbursement
• $5.1 million to begin construction of 1,000-bed prison
• $10 million to begin Pine Bluff Complex renovation, 328 more beds
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.