Bentonville Bond Issue Still Paying Off
Posted: February 24, 2014 at 5 a.m.
Money left over from the School District's 2010 bond issue will go toward several maintenance projects and a budding technology initiative.
At A Glance
Projects the School District will pursue this year using 2010 bond issue dollars, along with their estimated costs:
• Roof replacement at R.E. Baker Elementary School, $285,000
• Roof replacement at Old High Middle School, $276,000
• Roof coating with sealant at Mary Mae Jones Elementary School, $75,000
• Heating, ventilation and air conditioning system at Washington Junior High School, $155,000
• Heating, ventilation and air conditioning system at Old High Middle School, $145,000
• 21st Century Technology program grants, $500,000
• Renovation of west side of the Alternative Learning Environment building for a Professional Development Center, $150,000
• Replacement of gym floors at Central Park Elementary, Cooper Elementary and Washington Junior High schools, $54,000
• Repair and sealant for parking lot at Washington Junior High School, $345,000
• Satellite bus lot, to be built in the southwest area, $350,000
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.