Fayetteville City Council Approves Mount Kessler Purchase
Posted: February 19, 2014 at 5 a.m.
The city will add 376 acres atop Mount Kessler to its stock of publicly owned land.
At A Glance
Fayetteville’s City Council met Tuesday and:
• Tabled for two weeks ordinance changes allowing female goats, beehives and more chickens and ducks in residential areas and make it easier for urban farmers and backyard gardeners to sell produce from their property.
• Authorized the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration to refund city sales taxes to Karcher North America, a cleaning equipment manufacturer at 2700 S. Armstrong Ave.
• Set a $541,000 Community Development Block Grant program for 2014.
• Approved a $353,000 contract with Garver engineers for Rupple Road design between Starry Night View and Mount Comfort Road.
• Approved a $192,000 contract with Teeco Safety for stun guns for the Police Department.
• Extended the closing date with Kum & Go convenience stores for 2 acres of city land at Huntsville and Happy Hollow roads until no later than April 21.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.