Weather Puts The Chill On Businesses
Posted: February 7, 2014 at 5 a.m.
Extended cold and snow storms that shut down towns for days at a time have become somewhat routine this winter, and many Northwest Arkansas business owners said they’re hurting as a result.
By The Numbers
• December 2013 snow: 7 inches
• Average December: 1.5 inches
• January 2014 snow: 1.9 inches
• Average January: 2.3 inches
• Feb. 1-5, 2014, snow: 5.2 inches
• Average February: 1.6 inches
- Figures are for Fayetteville’s Drake Field reporting station.
Source: National Weather Service
This story is only available from our archives.