2 to call for vote to scrap No. 2 job
Posted: August 15, 2014 at 3:07 a.m.
Sens. Keith Ingram and Jimmy Hickey said Thursday that they will introduce a proposed constitutional amendment during the next legislative session to eliminate the lieutenant governor's office.
- It's a good idea: The position is unnecessary. 44% 74 votes
- It's a bad idea: The governor needs his right-hand man. 13% 22 votes
- The plan could work, but I want to see all the details. 20% 33 votes
- The proposal seems like a political stunt. 19% 32 votes
- Other (please comment) 2% 4 votes
165 total votes.
This story is only available from our archives.