NorthWest Arkansas Community College Prepares For Schedule Change
Posted: April 24, 2014 at 5 a.m.
BENTONVILLE -- NorthWest Arkansas Community College will implement a four-day work week this summer for the second straight year.
At A Glance
A survey asked NorthWest Arkansas Community College employees what they considered the top advantages and disadvantages of the 10-hour-day, four-day work week to them.
• Saves money on travel to and from college (58 percent)
• More time to handle personal business (57 percent)
• More time with family (42 percent)
• Must use two hours of vacation for holidays (68 percent)
• Less productive at work (33 percent)
• Interfered with personal fitness (23 percent)
• Memorial Day and July 4 are the two holidays that occur during the college’s four-day work week schedule. Arkansas calculates a holiday as eight hours of holiday pay. Because of their 10-hour work days, employees were required to use two hours of vacation time to cover the rest of the time they were off on those holidays.
Source: NorthWest Arkansas Community College
This story is only available from our archives.