Rogers-Lowell Area Labor Force Mismatched With Jobs Available
Posted: April 20, 2014 at 5 a.m.
ROGERS -- Industrial development has stagnated in Rogers, a hub of retail and professional service activity, according to a community assessment report released recently by Market Street consultants.
By the Numbers
• Rogers-Lowell lost more than 2,200 manufacturing jobs in the past decade.
• More than 1,500 health care and social assistance jobs were created in the past decade.
• Retail employees average an annual salary of $28,437.
• Waiters and waitresses earn an average of $9.65 per hour.
• Tractor-trailer drivers earn an average of $18.91 per hour.
• There are more than 600,000 unfilled manufacturing jobs in America.
Source: Market Street Community Assessment Report
This story is only available from our archives.