Benton County Officials Craft Legislative Agenda
Posted: April 18, 2014 at 5 a.m.
BENTONVILLE -- Benton County officials had their eyes on the state treasury Thursday as they considered items they would like to see addressed by the Legislature in 2015.
At A Glance
Benton County’s Legislative Committee agreed to discuss changing state laws with the county’s legislative delegation:
• Setting a limit of not more than two special elections in a year
• Collecting tax on personal property the same year it’s assessed
• Asking the state or cities to pay more of the cost of district courts
• Reform the state retirement system to cap the rate county costs increase
• Change Worker’s Compensation code to allow counseling services for employees
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.