Local Crew Lends A Helping Hand
Posted: April 12, 2014 at 5 a.m.
David Frank skims across Beaver Lake during the Walmart FLW Tour bass tournament, but rarely makes a cast.
At A Glance (w/logo)
Walmart FLW Tour
• Fishing continues today in the Walmart FLW Tour bass tournament at Beaver Lake and concludes Sunday.
• Take-off is at 7 a.m. from Prairie Creek park. Weigh-ins today and Sunday are at 4 p.m. at the John Q. Hammons Center.
• The top 10 pro-division anglers and top 10 co-anglers from days one and two fish today. The co-angler champ is crowned at today’s weigh-in. The top 10 pros fish on Sunday. First place in the pro division receives $100,000, or $125,000 if the pro drives a Ranger boat. Co-angler top prize is $20,000.
• “FLW” stands for Forrest L. Wood, founder of Ranger boats. Ranger is a major tournament sponsor.
• Only the three species of black bass — smallmouth, largemouth and spotted bass — may be weighed. Smallmouth and largemouth bass must be 15 inches or longer. Spotted bass must be 12 inches or longer.
• The FLW expo will be from noon to 4 p.m. today and Sunday at the John Q. Hammons Center. Pro angler Rich Dalby will sponsor a food drive for the Northwest Arkansas Food Bank. Everyone who donates five cans of food will be entered into a drawing for a $100 Walmart gift card.
• To see the “Circuit Breaker” FLW Internet television show, go to www.youtube.com/user/FLWFishing.
This story is only available from our archives.