Up To 19 Banks May Seek Funds From Former Arvest Head Smiley
Division Of Stock Options in Question
Posted: April 8, 2014 at 5 a.m.
Arvest Bank is asking Benton County Circuit Court to decide the fate of $551,755 in stock options it is holding for a former executive.
Arvest Bank listed 19 banks in an April 2 filing that may have a claim to nearly $552,000 in stock options for H. Dennis Smiley. The bank claims Smiley improperly used the stock as collateral for loans with some or all of the listed banks.
• BOFK, National Association
• The Bank of Fayetteville
• Bank of the Ozarks, Little Rock
• Benefit Bank, Fort Smith
• Chambers Bank, Danville
• Centennial Bank, Conway
• Delta Bank & Trust, Parkdale
• First Bank, Hampton
• First Federal Bank, Harrison
• First National Bank of Fort Smith
• Integrity First Bank, National Association
• First Security Bank, Searcy
• First State Bank, Lonoke
• First State Bank of De Queen
• First State Bank of Northwest Arkansas, Huntsville
• First State Bank, Russellville
• First Western Bank, Booneville
• Legacy National Bank, Springdale
• Summit Bank, Arkadelphia
Source: Court Filing
This story is only available from our archives.