Board Approves $154 Million Budget
Posted: September 18, 2013 at 2:09 a.m.
School Board members approved the finalized $154,142,041 budget for the 2013-14 school year during their meeting Tuesday night.
By The Numbers
Here is a breakdown of the primary money that makes up the 2013-14 budget for the Rogers School District.
• $61,795,116 is for teacher’s salaries, not including benefits and staff salaries
• $44,882,734 for the operating fund or day-to-day expenses of the district
• $5,920,000 is paid into the building fund for new construction
• $12,040,091 is paid out in debt service for buildings already constructed
• $2,800,000 buys new technology for schools
• $3,500,000 maintains and operates existing buildings to keep them up-to-date
• $ 8,879,100 in federal money goes for special programs like Title I
• $7,000,000 goes to activity funds, this includes money raised by booster or student clubs
• $7,325,000 is in the food service program.
Source: Rogers School District
This story is only available from our archives.