Counting The Chaos
Bikes, Blues & BBQ Organizers Try New Method To Estimate Attendance
Posted: September 15, 2013 at 5 a.m.
Thousands of motorcyclists will descend upon Northwest Arkansas this week for the 14th Bikes, Blues & BBQ rally.
• VIP Ride: 9:30 a.m. Thursday, Baum Stadium
• Bikes, Blues & Bombers: 2 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday; 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Fayetteville Executive Airport, 4500 S. School Ave.
• United FMX Stunt Team Show: 6 p.m. Thursday; 11 a.m., 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. Friday; 11 a.m., 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. Saturday, Baum Stadium
• Eureka Springs Poker Run: 8:30 a.m. Friday, Baum Stadium
• Barbecue Contest: People’s Choice tasting, 6 p.m. Friday; Award ceremony, 3 p.m. Saturday, Washington County Fairgrounds
• Car Show: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Northwest Arkansas Mall
• Battle of the Bikes Bike Show: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Dickson Street beer garden
• Oklahoma Poker Run: 8:30 a.m. Saturday, Baum Stadium
• Bike Games: Noon to 1:30 p.m. Saturday, fairgrounds
• Karaoke Contest Finals: 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. Saturday, fairgrounds
• Parade of Power: 4 p.m. Saturday, fairgrounds to Dickson Street
• Lawn Mower Pulls: 6 to 8 p.m. Friday and 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday, fairgrounds
• Miss BBB Contest: Midnight Saturday, Dickson Street beer garden
Source: Bikes, Blues & BBQ
At a Glance
The annual motorcycle rally is Wednesday through Saturday. Rally headquarters is in front of the Walton Arts Center at West Avenue and Dickson Street. Most vendors, music and events are at venues on Dickson Street; the Washington County Fairgrounds, 2536 N. McConnell Ave.; and the Baum Stadium parking lot, 1255 S. Razorback Road. Beer gardens are open at all three venues Wednesday through Saturday. Live music is scheduled Wednesday through Saturday in the beer gardens on Dickson Street and at the fairgrounds. Complete schedules of events and music are available at nwaonline.com.
This story is only available from our archives.