Hotel Business Picking Up
Two Hotels Set To Open Next Year
Posted: September 1, 2013 at 5 a.m.
Droves of Hog fans heading to the first home football game filled area hotels this weekend, but increased tourist attractions and youth sporting events are pulling more visitors to the area year-round.
By The Numbers
Below are the number of motels or hotels and rooms as of July 31. County numbers include city data.
• Rogers: 23 hotels, 2,091 rooms
• Bentonville: 21 hotels, 1,997 rooms
• Fayetteville: 23 hotels, 2,070 rooms
• Springdale: 22 hotels, 1,683 rooms
• Benton County: 53 hotels, 4,500 rooms
• Washington County: 46 hotels, 3,799 rooms
Source: STR Report
At A Glance
Sales Tax Collection
Each of the area’s four largest cities saw hotel and motel tax collection increase so far this year. Springdale’s collection is through July and the other three cities are through June.
Source: City Records
This story is only available from our archives.