Cancer Study Using Golden Retrievers
Posted: October 27, 2013 at 5 a.m.
Six-month-old Quigley could help hold the key to preventing cancer.
At A Glance
Nearly one in three dogs will die of cancer, but some breeds are more susceptible to certain cancers.
• Boxer: Brain cancer
• Chow chow: Stomach cancer
• Cocker Spaniel: Lymphoma
• Collie: Nasal cancer
• English springer spaniel: Breast cancer
• Golden retriever: Lymphoma, blood vessels/spleen cancer
• Greyhound: Bone cancer, lymphoma, soft-tissue sarcoma
• Labrador retriever: Lymphoma, blood vessels/spleen cancer
• Pug: Skin cancer
• Rottweiler: Bone cancer
• Scottish terrier: Bladder cancer, skin and mouth cancer
• Shar-Pei: Skin cancer
Source: Canine Cancer Research US
This story is only available from our archives.