Super Quiz: Spinning and turning
Posted: November 21, 2013 at 2:32 a.m.
- Term for a TV show based on a prior TV show
- What is the American term for putting spin on a billiard ball?
- What does Rumpelstiltskin do to help the miller’s daughter?
- What casino game is named after a French diminutive for “little wheel”?
- Where would you expect to see a camel spin?
- What religious order is best known for its spinning dances?
- What was Foucault’s pendulum designed to demonstrate?
- What musical revolves around a barker named Billy Bigelow?
- Song that contains the lyrics: “A time to be born, a time to die.”
- Spins straw into gold
- Figure skating
- Dervish (whirling dervish)
- The rotation of Earth
- “Turn! Turn! Turn !”
Weekend, Pages 38 on 11/21/2013