Flight Program Looks To Move To Rogers Airport
Posted: November 9, 2013 at 5 a.m.
An expanding program at Mercy Medical Center and a vote by the City Council could mean two medical helicopters will be based in Rogers.
At A Glance
A recent review of Rogers accidents where firefighters spent significant time at the scene showed several severe accidents clustered on the east side of town. The 2009-13 report lists:
• 30 incidents on Interstate 540 and 27 on Eighth Street in Rogers.
• 18 accidents on New Hope Road and 15 on Hudson Road.
Source: Rogers Fire Department
Rogers' City Council meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in council chambers, 301 W. Chestnut St. Enter through the northeast door.
On the agenda:
• Selling four retired police vehicles.
• 2014 plan for Rogers Community Development Block Grant.
• A contract amendment for trail renovation at Lake Atalanta.
• A contract to build a $30,000 concession and maintenance building at Veterans Park.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.