Home Building Coming Back
New Subdivision Planned
Posted: May 6, 2013 at 5 a.m.
Tim Boudrey said he thinks it is time to start building single-family homes again.
On The Agenda
Rogers Planning Commission
Rogers Planning Commission meets at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers at Rogers City Hall, 301 W. Chestnut St. Enter through the door on the northeast side of the building.
The commission will also consider:
• A request from Smokin’ Joe's Ribhouse for a conditional use permit to allow a private club at 803 W. Poplar St., a highway commercial zone.
• A conditional use permit request from Hook Line and Sinker to allow vehicle sales and service at 98 W. Locust St., a highway commercial zone.
• A conditional use permit request from Northwest Arkansas Detail for a car wash/detail shop at 1726 Acorn Drive, a highway commercial zone.
• A conditional use permit from Roadside Tire and Service to allow vehicle sales and service at 2600A N.E. Hudson Road, a highway commercial zone.
• A conditional use permit from Lookers Detail Shop to operate a car wash/detail shop at 1601 W. Walnut St., a highway commercial zone.
• A request for a temporary trailer, the Frozen Coconut, at 718 N. Second St., a highway commercial zone.
By The Numbers
Building permits for single-family housing in Rogers peaked in 2005 and plunged until 2012. The following are annual permits with the exception of 2013 which is year to date.
Year Permits Difference from previous year
2006 922 -134
2007 445 -547
2008 213 -232
2009 212 -1
2010 230 +18
2011 181 -49
2012 309 +128
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.