Barrel of Highway Projects Will Have Region Seeing Orange
Posted: March 17, 2013 at 2:57 a.m.
Drivers will see a lot more orange barrels along the region’s roadways this year as long-needed highway construction projects and dedicated cash merge in Northwest Arkansas.
Here’s a list of the jobs the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department expects to be let for bids in 2013:
• U.S. 62 widening, Avoca to north Garfield.
• Arkansas 12 widening, U.S. 71B to Shell Road, Bentonville.
• Arkansas 264 widening, U.S. 71B to Arkansas 265, Springdale.
• Don Tyson Parkway and I-540 Interchange, Springdale.
• Bridge replacement, Arkansas 16 at West Fork of White River, Fayetteville.
• I-540 widening, Wedington Drive to Porter Road, Fayetteville.
Source: Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department
Here’s a list of jobs the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department currently has under construction in Northwest Arkansas:
• Installing cable median barrier, U.S. 412 Siloam Springs to Tontitown.
• Arkansas 112 widening, 112 Spur north, Fayetteville.
• Arkansas 265 widening, south city limit to U.S. 412, Springdale.
• Arkansas 265 widening, Mission to Joyce Boulevard, Fayetteville.
• U.S. 62 Bypass, Prairie Grove, base and surface.
• U.S. 62 Bypass, Prairie Grove, grading and structures.
• Flyover, U.S. 71B to Fulbright Expressway, Fayetteville.
• Roundabout, Fulbright Expressway and Futral Drive, Fayetteville.
• Arkansas 16 widening, Armstrong Avenue to Stonebridge Road, Fayetteville.
• Relocation, Johnson Road, I-540 to Chapman Avenue, Springdale.
• Arkansas 102 widening, Arkansas 102B to Greenhouse Road, Centerton.
• Bella Vista Bypass, Arkansas 72, south, to Arkansas 72, north.
• Bella Vista Bypass, Arkansas 72, north to Benton County 34.
• Installing cable median barrier, I-540, U.S. 62 to Arkansas 102.
Source: Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department.
This story is only available from our archives.