Roundabout Included In Wedington Plan
Council To Consider Corridor Concept Tuesday
Posted: March 3, 2013 at 2:58 a.m.
The Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department will decide if a traffic roundabout will be built on Wedington Drive just west of Interstate 540.
Fayetteville City Council
When: 6 p.m. Tuesday
Where: City Administration Building, 113 W. Mountain St.
On the Agenda:
• Adopting the Wedington Corridor Neighborhood Master Plan.
• A design contract with McClelland Consulting Engineers for work on the Lafayette and Maple Street bridges.
• A proposal to pay city planning commissioners.
• Pay increases for city employees.
• A proposal to use the majority of proceeds from the sale of the former Tyson Mexican Original factory to improve the rest of the city-owned property and adjacent neighborhoods.
Interstate 540 Interchanges
Improvements to nine Interstate 540 interchanges in Washington and Benton counties are planned using $100 million of a $575 million bond issue voters approved in November 2011. The interchanges are:
• Exit 62: Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard in Fayetteville
• Exit 64: Wedington Drive in Fayetteville
• Exit 69: Greathouse Springs Road in Johnson
• Exit 73: Elm Springs Road in Springdale
• Exit 76: Wagon Wheel Road in Springdale
• Exit 78: Monroe Avenue in Lowell
• Exit 85: Walnut Street in Rogers, Walton Boulevard in Bentonville
• Exit 86: Southeast 14th Street in Bentonville, Hudson Road in Rogers
• Exit 88: East Central Avenue in Bentonville.
Source: Staff Report, Arkansas Highway And Transportation Department
This story is only available from our archives.