Mercy Opens New Program
Hospital Department Addresses Senior Mental Health
Posted: June 19, 2013 at 5 a.m.
A new Senior Behavioral Health Program opens Monday on the seventh floor of Mercy Medical Center.
At A Glance
Mercy’s Senior Behavioral Health Program is an 18-bed unit serving a growing geriatric population with hospital-based care. It is geared to patients 55 and older with disorders disrupting their lives or who may be at risk of hurting themselves or others.
Areas of treatment:
• Severe depression, anxiety
• Suicidal thoughts
• Unresolved grief issues
• Changes in eating and sleeping patterns
• Anger, irritability
• Paranoia, hallucinations, delusions, crying
• Agitation, combative behavior
• Behavioral disturbances accompanying dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease
Source: Mercy Medical Center
This story is only available from our archives.