Super Quiz: American literature
Posted: July 18, 2013 at 2:26 a.m.
- Which war provides the setting in For Whom the Bell Tolls?
- Title of a William S. Burroughs novel: ——— Lunch
- In what play does Willy complain to Linda about their son, Biff?
- Who created the character named Holden Caulfield?
- What 2009 debut novel is about black Southern maids?
- What Herman Melville novella has the same title as an opera?
- According to Douglas Adams, what number is “the meaning of life”?
- He also wrote under the pseudonyms Jonathan Ryder and Michael Shepherd.
- What name did Hugh Hefner originally plan to call Playboy magazine?
- Spanish Civil War
- Death of a Salesman
- J.D. Salinger
- The Help
- Billy Budd
- The number 42
- Robert Ludlum
- Stag Party
Weekend, Pages 35 on 07/18/2013