Police Dogs To Help Sniff Out Crime
Posted: July 13, 2013 at 5 a.m.
Two Belgian Malinois joined the Rogers police force last month, filling positions empty for more than a year.
Police dogs Urgo and Bo have retired from the Rogers Police Department. Kragen and Dillon joined the force in June.
• Was trained in French ring sport in which a dog competes in agility, obedience and bite exercises before working as a police dog.
• Takes commands in a mixture of English, German and French.
• Born in Mexico.
• Is 2 1/2 years old.
• Alerts police to what he has found by sitting and pointing.
• Is young for a police dog at 15 months. Most dogs don't start training until 18 months, said Rick Yager, his handler.
• Takes commands in a mixture of Czech, Dutch and German.
• Alerts police to what he has found by sitting and pointing his nose as close as he can.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.