Students Head To Library
Schools Jump Into Fairy Tales With One District, One Book
Posted: January 31, 2013 at 5 a.m.
What fairy tale ends without a ball? Certainly not the one taking place in Bentonville in the coming weeks.
At A Glance
One District, One Book
A list of some of One District, One Book activities scheduled in Bentonville. Some events require registration in advance. Visit the Bentonville Public Libraries website at bentonvillelibrary.org for more information:
• Saturday at 2 p.m.: Reading of the book “Falling for Rapunzel” followed by the movie “Tangled”
• Feb. 5 and Feb. 26 at 4 p.m.: Fractured fairy tale writing workshops for elementary students
• Feb. 7 at 4 p.m.: Showing of the film “Shrek”
• Feb. 12 at 4 p.m.: Fractured fairy tale writing workshops for middle-school students
• Feb. 13 at 4 p.m.: Create models of the fairy tale nature
• Feb. 15 at 4 p.m.: Showing of the film “Brave”
• Feb. 16 at 2 p.m.: Reading of the book “The Frog Prince, Continued” followed by the movie “The Princess and the Frog”
• Feb. 20 at 4 p.m.: Learn chess skills for the human chess game at the fairy tale ball
• Feb. 21 at 4 p.m.: Showing of the film “Enchanted”
• Feb. 28 at 4 p.m.: Showing of the film “Puss in Boots”
• March 3 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Fairy tale ball at Crystal Bridges. Author visit from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.