Mayor Touts Rogers
City A Leader In State's Economy, Hines Says
Posted: January 23, 2013 at 5 a.m.
The city has never been in better shape, Mayor Greg Hines said Tuesday during his state of the city address before the City Council.
At A Glance
The Rogers City Council met Tuesday and approved:
• Spending $206,929 from Community Development Block Grant reserve for professional services, public transit, public service, housing and public construction project.
• Spending $95,695 from airport reserve to the apron rehab project.
• Spending $269,350 from street fund reserve for five project accounts carried over from 2012.
• A $70,000 contract with New World Systems for data file conversion services.
• A $50,000 contract with Main Street Rogers for management of the Main Street Rogers program.
• A request to rezone 4 acres on South 28th Street from agricultural to commercial zoning.
• A $19,000 amendment to the contract with Jacobs Engineering for work associated with Price Lane construction.
Source: Staff Report
For a complete text of Mayor Greg Hines’ State of the City address, go to www.nwaonline.com
This story is only available from our archives.