33 Evacuated From Hotel

Five Treated For Carbon Monoxide Exposure

Posted: January 23, 2013 at 5 a.m.

Five people with signs of carbon monoxide poisoning were treated at a hospital after a hotel was evacuated Monday night.

At A Glance

About Carbon Monoxide

Carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas produced when a fossil fuel is burned, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“The most common symptoms of CO poisoning are headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest pain and confusion,” the CDC website states. “High levels of CO inhalation can cause loss of consciousness and death.”

Source: Centers For Disease Control And Prevention

This story is only available from our archives.