Mayor Appoints Director
Aldermen Approve New Title For City Position
Posted: January 9, 2013 at 5 a.m.
Aldermen approved a new title Tuesday for the financial officer of the city and Mayor Greg Hines introduced the new director of finance.
At A Glance
Rogers’ City Council met Tuesday and passed:
• A $9,395 contract with Radiophone for a computer upgrade in the dispatch center
• A $3,694 grant for the Arkansas Fire Prevention Commission
• A $48,600 contract with FTN & Associates for work on the Blossom Way Creek trail project
• Amended Chapter 14 of the city code, changing some wording in the design standards for driveways and sidewalks.
• Moved a $232,969 Homeland Security grant into several payroll accounts to allow the Fire Department to hire six firefighters.
• A $7,000 amendment to the Morrison Shipley Engineer contract to add a left turn lane to Locust Street west of the Second Street
• A $200,000 contact with the Rogers-Lowell Industrial Development Corporation, which will handle economic development services Rogers in 2013.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.