Firefighters To Visit Homes
GOAL: Prevent Falls, Injuries
Posted: January 8, 2013 at 5 a.m.
A loose handrail, a flopping rug, an unsteady step stool can all cause a fall. This month those problems are the target of the Rogers Fire Department which has declared January Fall Injury Prevention Month, said Travis Hollis, battalion chief.
At A Glance
Home Hazard Checklist
• Does furniture block the path through a room?
• Are there cords or wires across the floor?
• Are there throw rugs on the floor or carpet with loose ends?
• Is there clutter such as books, papers or shoes, in the floor or on stairs?
• Are stairs and hallways well lit?
• Are there handrails for stairs and in the tub area?
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.