Occupancy Rate High
Business Steady In Historic Downtown District
Posted: January 7, 2013 at 5 a.m.
The occupancy rate in the historic downtown district remains high as new businesses open and others move.
At A Glance
Small businesses are defined as those with fewer than 100 employees and:
• Represent 97.9 percent of all employers
• Employ half of all private-sector workers and 39 percent of workers in high-tech jobs
• Provide 60 percent to 80 percent of the net new jobs annually
• Pay 44.3 percent of total U.S. private payroll
• Produce more than 50 percent of nonfarm private gross domestic product, or a GDP of roughly $6 trillion
Source: The International Data Corporation
This story is only available from our archives.