New School Gets A Principal
Posted: January 5, 2013 at 4:59 a.m.
The School District is promoting from within to fill the principal’s position at its new junior high school.
• Raised in Pine Bluff; graduated from Pine Bluff High School
• Received bachelor’s degree in education from University of Arkansas in 1995, master’s in political science from the University of Memphis in 1999 and doctorate in educational leadership from Arkansas State University in 2006
• Taught social studies for nine years before moving into administration
• Spent three weeks in Japan studying the country’s educational system as a Fulbright Memorial Fund Fellow
• Lives in Springdale with wife, Lara Shepherd, and two children, a second-grader and fourth-grader, both students at Young Elementary School
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.