Springdale Fire Department Forms Five-Year Plan
Aims to Improve Pay, Technology
Posted: December 27, 2013 at 5 a.m.
A five-year plan for the Fire Department could change who's hired, what areas are covered, how employees are trained and the amount they are paid.
At A Glance
The Goals for Springdale's Fire Department are:
• Pay and benefits to be commensurate with surrounding fire departments.
• Deliver the best possible emergency medical service to residents.
• Increase diversity within the department.
• Increase number of qualified candidates for employment.
• Have the department commensurate with surrounding communities and national standards with regard to adoption of new technology.
• Promote department services throughout the community.
• Have department staffing level comparable to state and national standards.
• Fully equip reserve fleet for response.
• Develop a training facility for the department.
• Host more certified classes to train personnel internally.
• Develop a program to educate community on services, prevention, and preparedness.
Source: City Of Springdale
This story is only available from our archives.