More Details Emerge In Fayetteville Officer’s Arrest
Police say other victims possible
Posted: December 22, 2013 at 5 a.m.
A former Fayetteville police officer accused of burglary, sexual assault and rape had no known prior criminal history or job complaints, but investigators haven’t ruled out the possibility of more victims, Sgt. Craig Stout said Saturday.
• July 8: Alleged sexual assault of a then co-worker
• Oct. 26: Alleged sexual assault of an intoxicated woman
• Nov. 10: Alleged sexual assault is reported to police
• Nov. 13: Internal investigation begins
• Dec. 4: Stiles put on administrative leave; Criminal investigation begins
• Monday: Stiles fired for not cooperating with detectives, other violations
• Tuesday: July sexual assault is reported to police
• Friday: Stiles arrested in connection with rape, second-degree sexual assault, burglary
Source: Fayetteville Police Department
This story is only available from our archives.