Benton County OKs 2014 Budget
Posted: December 20, 2013 at 5 a.m.
Benton County’s 2014 budget was approved Thursday night over the objections of one of the justices of the peace who wanted to amend the budget and cut other items to free money to pay for rural ambulance service.
At A Glance
Quorum Court Action
In its other business Thursday, Benton Count's Quorum Court approved:
• Expressing the willingness to use $301,600 in federal money and $75,400 in county money for the design of Wild Cat Bridge
• Spending $18,220 to repair damage from a lightning strike to lighting at the jail.
• Transferring $800,000 to the Road Department to pay for storm damage repair.
• Spending $20,000 for right-of-way on the Windmill Road project.
• Adopting new planning regulations.
• Adopting a new fee schedule for the Planning Department.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.