Don’t Forget The Milk
BASIC STAPLES PART OF STORM PREPAREDNESS
Posted: December 7, 2013 at 5 a.m.
The scramble for bread and milk can be a winter standard in Northwest Arkansas.
Worldwide, dairy farms produced about 730 million tons of milk in 2011.
• India is the world's largest producer and consumer of milk, yet neither exports nor imports milk.
• New Zealand, Australia and the United States are the largest exporters of milk and milk products.
• China and Russia are the largest importers of milk and milk products.
• There are more than 6 billion consumers of milk worldwide.
• More than 750 million people live in dairy-farming households.
Source: United Nations
This story is only available from our archives.