(Advertisement)

Report: Severing of Afghan rebel’s hands spurs Aussie probe

Posted: August 31, 2013 at 3:58 a.m.

Afghan commandos stand with seized weapons Friday after an operation in Herat province, west of Kabul. Officials said eight suspected Taliban were killed in the overnight raid.

Australian special forces troops are under investigation after being accused of cutting off the hands of at least one dead insurgent in Afghanistan, a national broadcaster reported Friday.

This story is only available from our archives.

Front Section, Pages 10 on 08/31/2013

(Advertisement)



« Previous Story

The world in brief

QUOTE OF THE DAY “Read for yourselves the evidence from thousands of sources. This is the indiscriminate, inconceivable horror of chemical weapons. This is what Assad did t... Read »

Next Story »

Behind Iraq bombing wave, al-Qaida says

The Iraqi branch of al-Qaida claimed responsibility Friday for a lethal wave of coordinated bombings in the Baghdad area earlier this week, as new attacks killed another 14... Read »