Frisco Festival Kicks Off In Downtown Rogers
Posted: August 24, 2013 at 3:40 a.m.
Thousands strolled through downtown enjoying live music and checking out vendors at Frisco Festival on Friday night.
At A Glance
Today’s Festival Schedule
• 6:30-10:30 a.m.: Eat pancakes, sausage, biscuits and gravy at the entertainment garden next to the Frisco Stage during the Early Risers Rotary Pancake Breakfast. Tickets are $7 at the door, with proceeds benefiting Partners In Education.
• 7 a.m.-1 p.m.: Buy locally-grown produce and crafts at First and Walnut streets during the Rogers Farmers Market.
• 7:50 a.m: Run the Eliminator 5K Race, the “toughest 5K in Arkansas” around Lake Atalanta with its uphill finish. Race day registration is $30 for adults or $20 for students, registration includes pancake breakfast.
• 8 a.m.: A&M Railroad Frisco excursion rides begin at First and Poplar streets.
• 8:30 a.m.: Register a classic car for the free Frisco Festival Classic Car Show and Shine on the corner of Elm and Third. Local sponsors will award 24 trophies at a 2 p.m. ceremony.
• 9 a.m.: Watch bicyclists cover an 11-mile round trip to Avoca, racing the A&M Railroad train back to Rogers during Race for the Spike. Those who arrive before the train get a railroad spike prize. Proceeds benefit the Rogers Community Bike Program.
• 10 a.m.: Dance to the kids concert featuring Trout Fishing in America at the Frisco Stage.
• 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.: Have a homemade sandwich and a slice of pie in The Whistle Stop Cafe at First United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall at the corner of Third and Elm streets. Sandwiches are $3.50 and pie is $1.50 a slice.
• 10:30 a.m.: Pick up a whole chicken from Whitey’s Frisco Chicken served by Regions Bank. The first batch will be ready and sold near the park pavilion on First Street.
• 11 a.m.: Buy a taster kit for the Arvest Bank Chili-Salsa-Peno Contest. Find the kits sales at the parking lot east of the stage, across the railroad tracks.
• 11 a.m.: Watch a Ballet Westside performance on the Frisco Stage.
• Noon: Frisco Idol starts on the Centennial Park Stage. Winners are announced at 5 p.m. on the Frisco Stage.
• 1:30 p.m.: Jalapeno-eating Contest and Arvest Bank Chili-Salsa-Peno award ceremony on the Frisco Stage.
• 6 p.m.: Listen to The Ashlyn Metheny Band play live from the Frisco Stage.
• 8:30 p.m.: Listen to country rock from Backroad Anthem live from the Frisco Stage.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.