Market May Close Streets
Ordinance Would Allow Expansion On Square
Posted: April 17, 2013 at 5 a.m.
The Fayetteville Farmers’ Market could close all four streets on the downtown square Saturday mornings if aldermen approve an ordinance in the weeks ahead.
At A Glance
Fayetteville’s City met Tuesday and approved:
• Opposing a large hog farm along a tributary to the Buffalo National River
• A construction management contract with Rogers-based Baldwin & Shell Construction Co. for a downtown parking deck
• Adding several projects, including Old Wire Road and Zion Road widening, regional park access and College Avenue enhancement, to the Transportation Improvement Bond Program
• Appointing Bobby Ferrell and Hannah Withers to the Fayetteville Advertising and Promotion Commission
• Naming the Fayetteville District Court courtroom the “Fayetteville District Judge Rudy Moore Courtroom.”
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.