Voters Respond To Survey
PRICE TAG MAIN REASON RESIDENTS VOTED AGAINST MILLAGE INCREASE
Posted: September 27, 2012 at 5:03 a.m.
Survey results released by the School District on Wednesday give insight into why voters overwhelmingly turned down a millage increase June 26.
By The Numbers
Respondents of a survey sent out by the Bentonville School District were asked to rank the three reasons why they voted for or against a millage increase on June 26. Options chosen as one of three reasons for or against are listed below.
- Cost of the plan: 835
- Impact on property taxes: 749
- Athletic facilities: 487
- Current economic climate: 351
- Two high school instead of one: 150
- Location: 107
- Districtwide technology needs: 19
- Operations: 17
- HVAC and facility needs: 7
- Overcrowding: 4
- Overcrowding: 610
- Two high schools instead of one: 441
- District-wide technology needs: 256
- HVAC and facility needs: 102
- Location: 84
- Athletic facilities: 68
- Cost of plan: 32
- Operations: 25
- Current economic climate: 27
- Impact on property taxes: 15
Source: Bentonville School District
This story is only available from our archives.