City Must Decide Where Liquor Stores Allowed
If County Voters Approve Measure, Officials Will Decide Locations
Posted: October 31, 2012 at 5:30 a.m.
City officials will have to quickly decide where package stores can be if voters approve alcohol sales next week.
If voters approve alcohol sales, it will likely be August or September before package stores open in Benton County.
• Alcoholic Beverage Control will advertise it’s accepting license requests in January or February.
• Permits will be awarded by lottery in April or May.
• Alcoholic Beverage Control agents will investigate each applicant.
• The Alcoholic Beverage Control Board will approve licenses in July or August.
• Liquor package stores could open in September.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.