Sandy cancels, delays Arkansas flights
Posted: October 29, 2012 at 12:10 p.m.
Updated: October 29, 2012 at 12:25 p.m.
Hurricane Sandy was causing flight delays and cancellations Monday at Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport and the Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport in Little Rock.
As of noon Monday, the following Northwest Arkansas flights had been canceled, according to the airport's website:
- U.S. Airways Express 3842 to Washington Reagan
- American Airlines 4500 to New York City
- United 4602 to Newark, N.J.
- U.S. Airways Express 4023 from Washington Reagan
- United 4602 from Newark, N.J.
- American Airlines 4525 from New York City
- American Airlines 4413 from New York City
Six Little Rock flights have been canceled for Monday, according to the airport's website.
Three flights that were scheduled to leave from Little Rock on Monday have been canceled:
- US Airways flight 3448 to Washington, D.C. at 6:15 a.m.
- Southwest Airlines flight 906 to Baltimore at 11:10 a.m.
- US Airways flight 3440 to Washington, D.C. at 4:20 p.m.
Three flights that were scheduled to arrive Monday in Little Rock from the East Coast have been canceled:
- US Airways flight 3443 from Washington, D.C. at 3:46 p.m.
- Southwest flight 3773 from Baltimore at 6:25 p.m.
- US Airways flight 3447 from Washington, D.C. at 9:45 p.m.
Shane Carter, Clinton airport spokesman, said the best advice he has for passengers heading toward the East Coast is to check with the individual airlines for cancellations or delays.
Carter said United Airlines flights to and from Chicago are currently delayed, but American Airlines flights to and from the city are still on schedule. He said the on-time American Airlines flights could potentially change as a result of the weather.
The airport's website said only one United Airlines flight from Chicago is delayed: United Airlines flight 6120, which was scheduled to land in Little Rock at 2:49 p.m.