Officials Question Gun Range Operation
Posted: October 26, 2012 at 5:30 a.m.
Benton County justices of the peace expressed a willingness Thursday to close a gun range near Centerton if they’re not satisfied it meets requirements set out by a special panel of the Quorum Court in July.
At A Glance
In its regular monthly meeting Thursday, Benton County’s Quorum Court:
• Denied a request for a grant to translate some county material from English into Spanish.
• Authorized applying for a $7,000 grant for work on the Maysville Community Center.
• Set the property tax levy for 2012 at the current level.
• Declared aerial photography to be a professional service.
• Transferred $15,000 in the Information Systems Department budget.
• Transferred $23,000 in the Road Department budget.
• Spent $30,000 to replace heating and air conditioning on the Courthouse Tower building.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.