Olive Loom Wins NWA StartUp Cup
Posted: November 16, 2012 at 4:31 a.m.
A mother-daughter team won the top spot in the inaugural NWA StartUp Cup.
At A Glance
w Olive Loom Boutique, Leah Garrett and Lou Sharp — local studio offering textile products individually designed and customized
• Jack Bragg Shoes, Andrew Denton — socially conscious, eco-friendly company that recycles highway billboard vinyl into footwear with a portion of sales is then donated to Action Against Hunger
• More Than A Review, Donna Feyen — book review website that uses a simple rating system allowing users to grade a book on violence, rough language, sex, and drugs and alcohol
• Dummy Drummy, Johnathan Mwaba — GPS enabled multi-application self-launching, self-sustaining non-inflatable sea rescue pod requiring no maintenance or in-depth training
• Le’Chez Hair, Carla Thompson — customized wigs and hair extensions
• Tackle Tronics, John Lockwood — door-to-door campaign platform that offers a map-based mobile app to help political candidates target voters
• Geek Mapper, Stephen Ritterbush — free social media tool for finding entertainment conventions, learning about attendance of celebrities and vendors and coordinating with friends
Source: NWA StartUp Cup
This story is only available from our archives.