Content Trumps Textbooks As District Moves To Common Core
Posted: June 17, 2012 at 5:31 a.m.
Thick textbooks and their linear progression are no longer the keystone for teaching in the Rogers School District.
At A Glance
The Arkansas Department of Education schedules textbook reviews by year. This year’s textbook purchase was optional.
• 2009: Foreign language, English as a Second Language and, in high school, business education, marketing, finance and career guidance
• 2010: Fine arts, special education, agriculture
• 2011: English language arts
• 2012: Mathematics, computer science
• 2013: Science, health and physical education
• 2014: Social studies, Arkansas history
Source: Arkansas Department Of Education
This story is only available from our archives.